Church Road, Plymstock, Plymouth, Devon PL9 9AH
Telephone 01752 290594
Mobile 07808 594403
1. We believe in the divine inspiration of the Bible as the Word of God which is sufficient and sole authority for all beliefs and practices.
2. We believe in the Trinity - that God is One but with distinction of "Persons" namely, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Equal honour is due to each.
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God who became truly man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a perfect life and then died voluntarily as a sacrifice to God on behalf of man's sin; He rose again bodily from the dead, ascended back to God, and will keep His promise to come again.
4. We believe that man, having been made in the likeness of God, sinned against God thereby involving the whole human race in inheriting a sinful nature which resulted in separation from God and coming under His judgment.
5. We believe that the forgiveness of sin and salvation from God's judgment is obtained only by personal repentance of sin, faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and committal of the life to Jesus as Lord and King.
6. We believe that such true repentance and faith is immediately marked by the Holy Spirit coming to live within the life of the believer, to empower him to resist sin, to enlighten him in his understanding of God's Word, to guide him in the knowledge and
practice of God's will and increasingly to change him into a likeness of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe that God's intention is not to leave Christians to live in isolation, but that they join in fellowship with other Christians in a local church - to worship, learn, share, witness, and care for one another in a corporate way.
8. We believe in obeying the commands or the Lord Jesus Christ. One is - that all His followers publicly express their faith in Him by being baptised, and that they commemorate His death regularly in the service of Holy Communion.
WHAT WE BELIEVE